Thursday, September 1, 2011

"I've Got It!"

Okay, so I've continued reading "Perfect Chemistry" the past few days since I still can't put it down, and I think I've figured out why it is so appealing to me. The people are all so real. I can relate with both of the main characters, Brittany and Alex, and what's going on in their lives. At the same time, I can look around at school and I see couples that resemble Brittany and Alex all the same. Nothing about the book has been fake, it has all been an example and even maybe a growing experience for me, about high school, and the realities some people face every single day.
The next thing I've noticed and mentioned before, I believe, is that the language is so simple. It's easily understandable which adds to the connection I have with the story, I think. I hate when I'm reading a book that has some huge words in it in every other line and they just obfuscate the meaning of what's happening. After that, I just feel stupid and like it's a pointless read for me, because I've lost all sight of the theme. "Perfect Chemistry" takes the sentences straight to the point. There aren't any big "fill in words" that I don't understand (besides some of the Spanish). I think this book was meant for people my age to read, and maybe even adults, if high school drama is their thing. I hate reading books that aren't meant for people my age, or describe themes that I have no sort of relation to. I like this book, in a way, I think it speaks to me. It's like that wise, old cat that sits in the corner and watches everyone's every move.
And so I finally said "I've got it" while reading, because, I think I finally realized why this book has a special connection to me; it actually means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment