Thursday, September 8, 2011

Currently

Pages This Week: 150
Total Pages This Semester: 542

Quotes of the Week:

1." I was gonna listen to that, but then, um, I just carried on living my life."
                                  Aldous Snow - "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"                  

2. “Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn’t one occasion where people celebrate you … Hallmark doesn’t make a “congratulations, you didn’t marry the wrong guy” card. And where’s the flatware for going on vacation alone?"
                                   Carrie Bradshaw - "Sex and The City"

3. "It's like I have ESPN or something."
                                  Karen - "Mean Girls"


Obviously, I watch numerous amounts of television shows and movies. Most of my quotes usually come from movies or tv shows that make me laugh or make me think. My winning quote this week is from the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" which is absolutely hilarious. Aldous Snow played by Russel Brand, is an outrageous British singer who is dating Sarah Marshall. His character is very famous so everyone knows him and wants to get a chance to talk to him. So, a young man brings Aldous his demo tape to listen to. As most celebrities would do, Aldous just discards the tape and moves on with his life as he blatantly tells the young man in this quote. Not only does this make me laugh every time I see the movie, but it is such a true quote. Someone will give us something to either watch or listen to and we constantly just blow them off. My friends always tell me to watch youtube videos and I never ever do. Then later they ask me what I thought about it and I just laugh and say it was funny. Hmm, maybe I should start watching them instead of lying or just tell them the truth like Aldous! Thanks for the lesson in honestly Aldous!

No comments:

Post a Comment