Thursday, September 8, 2011

Finally, a new book!

Since I bitterly finished Perfect Chemistry, I found a new book to read! It is called Stay by Allie Larkin. I have not read anything else by this author, but so far I love the way she writes. Like Perfect Chemistry, the writing is simple, but in contrast to that book, Larkin uses vivid vocabulary to enhance the language. Although Perfect Chemistry was a very relatable topic to me, I was ready to move onto a book that would take me out of my relm of high school relationships and drama and into a more mature world by reading a more adult geared book. Don't get me wrong, Stay is not something that is inappropriate for my eyes. It is just about older people who are going into marriage and having children and moving on in their lives. I thought since I'm coming to the end of my high school career, it is time to step it up and knotch, and read about things that are going on outside of high school.
So far in Stay, I have been introduced to a Savannah, the main character, whom I think is very similar to myself. She's an active journalist, as she just graduated from college with a journalism degree, she is very independent, she can be moody, and she is the type of person to run away from her problems instead of deal with them, much like myself. Van, as her friends call her, just witnessed her best friend Janie marry the man of Van's dreams. She had been in love with Peter for years now, and longed for the days he would fall for her. But, like all love storys, she did not get the guy she initially wanted. How the rest of the story will pan out, I'm not really sure. Unlike Perfect Chemistry, this book has not shown to be quite as predictable just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment