Thursday, September 29, 2011

The end of Stay

Well, I've finally finished Stay, and I think I am heartbroken. Not only did this book keep me intrigued because of the cutest description of Joe, the dog, but its content was so relatable. As I am getting ready to go off to college, Savannah experienced many things that I must think about before I go and while I'm there. This book is mainly centered around how Savannah changes from her college graduation, to her mother's death, to finding Joe, and meeting Alex. The way Savannah's character changes and adapts to life's crazy situations is a great example for how I need to start realizing that life won't always go as planned, and I will have to learn to adapt myself. Savannah takes a leap into the real world in this book and must learn to fend for herself, as she is completely alone. Savannah becomes independent, yet dependent when she needs to be, she's a smart young woman, who I see to be a great role model. I think I see a great deal of myself in Van, as she is sarcastic, independent, loving, an attention seeker yet likes to be lonely, kind of person. I think I was mostly able to relate to this book because of the connection I felt. Not only was Savannah's character intriguing to me, but the fun loving personality Joe had, gave even more spice to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment