Thursday, September 22, 2011

Currently

Pages this Week- 150
Pages this semester - 820

Sentences of the Month:

1. "Mindy stopped making out with my dog and shut the door behind her when she left."
                               Savannah; Stay by Allie Larking

2. "The road to success is always under construction."
                                    "Short Funny Quotes"
3."As she walked toward me slowly, my eyes locked with hers, she tripped on a discarded shoe, killing the moment."
                                    Alex Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

4. "Don't feel bad, a lot of people have no talent."
                     -It's all Humor, blog

Alright, so my sentence of the week goes along with my blog about the book Stay by Allie Larkin. I noticed I continuously commented on my love for dogs and animals, so I decided I should find a good or in this case funny, sentence to go along with that animal-loving theme.
When I read this sentence from the book I couldn't help but laugh out loud. It's literally talking about a woman at the vet's office getting kisses from a huge dog, yet the author had to say the woman was making out with the dog. Those words just put an instant picture in my mind of this woman with this massive dog making out and I had to laugh. Who in their right mind would make out with a dog?... no one. But for me, I was able to sort of relate to this making out with dog quote. I am always trying to cuddle with my 135 pound dog, who is not much of a cuddler or kisser. So, as I try to hug on him or get him to give me kisses, he just stares at me with his big brown eyes and I can just tell he is thinking "get away from me, you are so annoying" instead of wanting to "makeout" with me, as Joe is apparently doing with Mindy in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment