Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

Books read- "Perfect Chemistry"
Pages read-165
Pages read this semester-357


"As she walked toward me slowly, my eyes locked with hers, she tripped on a discarded shoe, killing the moment."
                                     "Perfect Chemistry" By Simone Elkeles


“Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn’t one occasion where people celebrate you … Hallmark doesn’t make a “congratulations, you didn’t marry the wrong guy” card. And where’s the flatware for going on vacation alone?"
                                Carrie Bradshaw, "Sex and the City"

"My Mamma always said, life is like a box of chocolates, you're never know what you're gonna get."
                                Forrest Gump, "Forrest Gump"


The winner of "sentence of the week" this week, is definitely by Alex from "Perfect Chemistry." Not only is the sentence funny, and absolutely relatable to my life, but, once I came across it during my silent AP lit english class, I laughed out loud, like one of those weird kids totally embarrassing myself. So, in a way my story kind of fits with the sentence. But, besides that, I know every single person has had an experience somwhat like Brittany had in the book. There are times when we're having an intimate moment with someone, anyone, and we are trying to be sly, or compassionate, and we have to do something that just completely kills the flow of emotion. I do this type of thing all the time. I'll be having a serious conversation with even my best friend and just trip over my feet, run into something, or fumble upon my own words. I've come to find that I'm pretty clumsy. Besides that though, I just thought this quote was so relatable to my life. And, it got a little laugh out of me. Humor is definitely something I always look for in every book I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment