Thursday, September 15, 2011

Currently

Pages Read This Week: 130
Pages This Semester: 672

Sentences of the Week:

1. "The road to success is always under construction."
                                    "Short Funny Quotes"

2. "I lost my balance and slid into the pile, smearing poop from my hand to my elbow."
                                              Savannah, Stay

3. "I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."
                                             Noah, The Notebook 

These quotes are a mix of funny and serious meaningful quotes. The first quote is definitely my favorite. It isn't necessarily funny, but I think it means something significant. We are always trying to find the road to success and the right path to take, but for some reason, we can never find it. Although we may not pick the wrong road, in the end we always wonder what could have been a better option for our life at the time, but it seems that there is always some kind of obstacle in the way of that right road. There is always something in the way of people getting things done. That seems to happen many times in my life as well. I tend to find myself having to pick a different path instead of the best path in my life, because there is always a barricade in my way. But, we learn that we have to make the best of life, no matter what path we are on.

No comments:

Post a Comment