Thursday, November 17, 2011

Finally

I find myself wanting to read a lot more after this semester of learning how and what to read. Before this class, I was more of a picky reader, and would go straight for the girly, chick flick type of novels. As we learned about the different kinds of books out there, and specified more of the characteristics of different genres, I found myself becoming more open to different topics of literature. My usual type of book would be an easy read, but this semester challanged me to pick a different type of book. I first started out with a typical book; it was a teenage pop novel, super fast, easy read that I sped through. I loved it, but definitely wanted more substance. So I went to my mom and she recommended a few different books to me. The first was a humorous book, a more advanced read. The second was definitely a step up from my usual pick and took my awhile to get into it, and it surely expanded my vocabulary and thoughts about different books and topics. It was much more mature than I expected, but it was a good book and a good experience. The third, which I am still currently reading through is probably my favorite. It entails a book about a dancer, which is close to home with me, and allows me to fall through the pages. With most of my book choices I found it pretty easy to keep up with the page quota per week. I do have a rather busy schedule with all of my after school activities, so it was a little hard at some points to keep up. But, I really enjoyed being challanged to read through this class. I feel as if now I am an all around better reader, and enjoy reading much more than I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment