Thursday, August 25, 2011

Currently

Pages Read- 192

Read From- "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles

1. "Desperate circumstances call for desperate measures."
                     -Brittany Ellis, "Perfect Chemistry"
2. "I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie..."
                     -Lena, "Seventeen Magazine"
3. "Don't feel bad, a lot of people have no talent."
                     -It's all Humor, blog

My sentence of the week this week is definitely by Brittney Ellis from "Perfect Chemistry. After waking up after a rough night out, Brittany realizes she is at her crush's house. After a quick chat with Alex, her crush, Brittany sees her reflection in the mirror and is horrified. Make up is all over her face, making her look somewhat like a raccoon. Brittany rushes to the bathroom and realizing Alex obviously keeps no make up remover, Brittany must reside to soap, water, and toilet paper to try to clean herself up. But, in the process, she causes her eyes to become irritated in red, and this is where she says "desperate circumstances call for desperate measures." We all have those times where we must do something that maybe we don't neccessarily want to do, but in the situation, we have to. Normally, it is a little more serious than how to remove our make up, like Brittany's circumstance. I picked this quote mostly because I find it relating to my life more often than not. Also, it reminds me of all the weird situations I have been in where I have had to improv my way through, to make the best of the time, as Brittany did. So, in a way, this quote has the ability to give me a little laugh at myself, as I think of all of the times I've made a fool of myself trying to get through a "desperate circumstance" by resorting to my own "desperate measures."

No comments:

Post a Comment